A teenager accidentally died at home in a darkened room when a sex act went wrong, an inquest has heard.

Joshua Deacon, 17, was discovered on his bedroom floor after suffering asphyxiation by hanging.

A coroner described Joshua as ‘a very lovely young man, who his parents could be proud of.’

An inquest into his death heard how a worried friend had raised the alarm after texting and phoning him and getting no response, Stoke on Trent live reports. 

Support worker Julia Buiskool then went to the flat in Stoke-on-Trent, where all the doors and windows were secure. The place was in darkness and she got no reply when she called through the letterbox.

After checking with Joshua’s family, who also hadn’t heard from him, she informed her duty team before using a spare key to let herself into the property.

“I used a light on my phone to locate the light in the hall,” said Ms Buiskool in a statement. “As the light came on, I could see there was something wrong.”

She found Joshua and called the emergency services. But by then, the teenager had already died.

There were items consistent with ‘autoerotic paraphernalia’ at the scene, the inquest heard.

In a report, Detective Constable Tammy Fullwood said: “The hypothesis was that Joshua was engaging in autoerotic asphyxiation and his death was accidental.”

A search of his laptop and mobile phone revealed he had saved the address of a porn website and had also made a search related to strangulation.

By admin