Nine kids die after ‘eating porridge’ – all from the same family

Toxic porridge has left 13 people dead from severe food poisoning in Namibia, including at least nine young children from the same family.

It is believed that a fermented substance from a homemade alcoholic drink was responsible for making the porridge toxic.

Approximately 20 family members had consumed the porridge, with four boys, three six-year-old girls, and two other females dying as a result.

The adult victims were all between the ages of 12 and 33. The incident occurred on Saturday in the Kavango East region, with eight people still in hospital, five of whom are in critical condition.

The victims were as old as 33, according to the Namibian Broadcasting Corporation.

Scroll to Top